Date: 26 May 2021, 18:00 – 20:00
Venue: Sønderborg Castle
Price: free entrance
Please note: Registration is required.
18.00 –19.00 Demonstration of the old art of tilting at the gallows
19.00 Reception at The Great Hall, Welcome by the Mayor of Sønderborg
Morning walk / run
Morning run/walk, for those interested:
Date: 27 May 2021, 07.15- 08.00
Where: Sønderborg (start and finish at the venue, Hotel Alsik)
Free of charge, please register and fill in the size if you wish to receive STOP Pressure Ulcer T-shirt for your Walk /Run
You can choose from:
- Historic route (approx. 6 km run)
- City route (approx. 3 km run)
- City Walk (approx. 2 km walk)
Dybbøl Nursing home visit
As a part of the conference you have a unique chance to visit Danish nursing home and see their daily practice.
Registration is needed since we have to organise transportation accordingly.
After the visit, the busses will go directly to the Sønderborg airport or train station.
Data from Sønderborg Municipality 76.000 Inhabitants
- Four districts of Home Care services (2400 Citizens)
- 11 Nursing Homes (500 residents)
- The staff who participated in the project was nurses, nurse assistants and helpers
- We participated in the national Danish patient safety program in municipal sector
- Work was developed and piloted on one unit before spreading to other units
- After implementation of the bundle we do believe, that a zero tolerance for pressure ulcers is realistic
Description of the presentation in the nursing homes:
All our residents must have a pressure ulcer risk assessment at the admission to the Nursing Home or the Home Care Services. The Risk assessment we use is the validated Braden Scale.
You will have the possibility to get to know how we prevent pressure ulcers, by daily using data, improvement-boards, ongoing leadership focus and front line staff involvement. You will learn about it from front line staff and leaders who on daily basis work with improvements.